The UK Government’s COVID-19 Recovery Strategy – Coronavirus Lockdown
The UK Government has launched its COVID-19 recovery strategy – ‘Our Plan to Rebuild’ on 11th May 2020. The strategy was launched with the caveat that the timetable will be delayed if the Coronavirus is not successfully controlled and if this is the case, restrictions could be re-imposed.
Below we have outlined the key points from the strategy that you will need to consider:
Step 1 – 13th May 2020
- Travel to work if you cannot work from home, avoiding public transport where possible.
- You can drive to open spaces irrespective of the distance.
- Face coverings are encouraged to be worn in enclosed spaces.
- You can only meet one person from outside your household, outside and maintaining social distancing measures.
- You can exercise outside as many times as you like a day.
- All international arrivals will need to supply their contact and accommodation information. They will also need to self-isolate for 14 days on arrival to the UK (with the exception of those on the short list of exemptions).
Step 2 – 1st June (Earliest)
- Phased return for early years settings and schools.
- Non-essential retail to open where safe to do so.
- Sports and cultural events to take place behind closed doors.
- More local public transport to reopen in urban areas (subject to strict measures).
Step 3 – 1st July (Earliest)
- Some of the remaining businesses that have been required to close will be re-opened including personal care, hospitality, public places, and leisure facilities.
- The UK Government will carefully monitor and pilot re-openings to test their ability to “adopt the new COVID-19 Secure guidelines”.
For any business or employment advice please get in touch.
For further information or if you have any queries relating to the content of this communication, please contact us.
CELIA Alliance members are identified here. Members of the CELIA Alliance are each independent law firms and do not practice law jointly with any other member of the CELIA Alliance. “CELIA Alliance” and “CELIA” are not trading names. For more information about the CELIA Alliance click here.
Content is for general information purposes only. The information provided is not intended to be comprehensive and it does not constitute or contain legal or other advice. If you require assistance in relation to any issue please seek specific advice relevant to your particular circumstances. In particular, no responsibility shall be accepted by the authors or by Abbiss Cadres LLP for any losses occasioned by reliance on any content appearing on or accessible from this newsletter. For further legal information click here.
Circular 230 disclosure
To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS and other taxing authorities, we inform you that any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties that may be imposed on any taxpayer or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.
If you would like to copy or otherwise reproduce this article then you may do so provided that: (1) any such copy or reproduction is for your own personal use or if it is made available to any third party it is done so on a free of charge basis; and (2) the article is reproduced in full together with the contact details, disclaimer and any logos as they appear on each article.