News and comment
International newsbank [Latest]
- February 2013Employment tax and social security contributions - what changed on 1 January 2013?
Uniform rules on wage definition ("WUL"), Employer tax of 16%, Employer tax rate for excessive golden handshakes increased to 75%, New regulations and the law 30% ruling.
- February 2013Changes to unfair dismissal protection
The government has announced major changes to unfair dismissal laws which are expected to take effect from Summer 2013.
- February 2013New social security rates announced
Social security contribution rates are generally adjusted every other year in line with the economic situation and salary trends. The latest amendments came into force on 1 January 2013.
- January 2013French Finance Bill 2013 - Do you need to review your compensation policy?
The Finance Bill for 2013 introduces significant changes to the personal income tax rules, leading to a tax increase for the highest earners.
- January 2013Tax relief is due on claw back of bonus
A taxpayer wins his claim for tax relief in relation to his repayment to his employer of part of a sign-on bonus.
- January 2013New dismissal laws revisited
The Italian Employment Law Reform came into force in the summer of 2012. We revisit the major provisions.
- January 2013CELIA Alliance welcomes US tax compliance member Jade Associates
We are delighted to announce that Jade Associates has joined the Alliance with effect from 14 January 2013.
- January 2013Tax relief for overseas workdays is extended
The UK Government has announced that overseas workdays relief will be available to all non-UK domiciled new arrivals in the UK.
- January 2013Employment Law Update
The following article sets out recent developments in Polish employment law.
- January 2013Major amendments to the Labour Code extend employment protection rights
An extensive amendment to the Labour Code ("Amendment") came into effect as of 1 January 2013.